YORKSHIRE AMBULANCE SERVICE
Welcome to the GMB at Yorkshire Ambulance Service Website. A website designed specifically around current issues and news related to GMB within Yorkshire Ambulance Service.
We hope you can take a little time to browse the various sections of the website especially “Meet the Team” to see who’s who within GMB.
As a fast-growing union, the biggest union within the ambulance service nationally, it is important to know that GMB are working hard on current issues and campaigning for your rights as an employee. Latest information can be found in the “News” section.
GMB is a Member Led union and we value your opinions and ideas when it comes to workplace issues so please get in touch on the “Contact Us” section.
If you would like to be a member or even join the team, please press the link “Join Us” and speak to your local rep.
WHAT WE DO
GMB UNION REPS
GMB is a member led trade union and the biggest in the ambulance service nationally.
We have members who work in all sectors of the NHS Ambulance service, A&E road staff, PTS, EOC, 111 management and auxiliary staff. Our members work in full-time jobs, part-time jobs or are currently students.
When you’re at work, it’s always good to know that someone is on your side – that’s our job.
GMB also campaigns on a regular basis for your rights as workers current campaigns include:
- Protect the Protector
- Ambulance retirement age
- NHS Pensions
We also run regular NHS marches and fund-raising events throughout the year which will be advertised and updated on this website.
We have an increasing number of GMB Representatives across sectors and stations of YAS. Find your nearest rep and enquire further about the GMB Services.
GMB’s job is very simple; to get the best deal possible for you. This means having reps in your area, on your side if there is a problem, and always fighting for better when it comes to:
- Representation at meetings (Sickness, Disciplinary, CCR, Restructure, Suspension, Accusations, Bullying)
- Attending management meetings at HQ (Restructure, Joint Steering Group, Health and Wellbeing, Locality Meetings)
- Pay and conditions (Negotiation, Section 2, Pay Bandings, Job Descriptions)
- A decent work life where workers are safe and treated with dignity (Health and Safety, Health and Wellbeing)
- Better work/life balance (Flexible Working Arrangements, Return and Retire, Part Time, Maternity, Bank Contracts)
- Fairness – making sure working people have their rights at work and are treated fairly and legally when there’s a problem. (Representation at Disciplinary, CCR, Equality Act, Employment law)
I joined the GMB union in 1997 and was proud to become Branch Secretary for GMB in YAS in 2014.
There has been a surge in GMB membership within YAS since our re-recognition in 2015. This is a direct result of the hard work and dedication of our GMB reps.
I look forward to seeing the GMB union within YAS continue to grow and I thank all our members for their support.
- Pauline Kiely - Branch Secretary
SIMPLY GET IN TOUCH
Do you have any questions about GMB Membership or specific questions for the YAS Representatives? Please don’t hesitate to get in touch with the team by emailing, phoning or completing our website form.